14th – 21st September 2024: A week-long immersion workshop to begin or develop your kora playing. Arrivals Saturday 14th September, workshop formally starts on the 15th, last teaching day and departures on Saturday 21st, finishing with lunch. Students of all levels will benefit from our workshops; from absolute beginners to advanced players. Language is never a problem, it is a very international event.
Three excellent, experienced, teachers: Adam Doughty, Josh Doughty and Dembo Jobarteh.
NOTE This week is now over-subscribed and we are offering a follow-on second 6-day workshop Monday 23rd until Saturday 28th. Arrivals Monday morning, first teaching session at after a light lunch at 2pm. The following five days will be morning teaching as for the main workshop. Last tecahing sessionSaturday morning, ending with lunch. The cost of this slightly shorter week is 515€ and again includes the first night’s evening meal.
These workshops are held in the beautiful venue Mas de Jammes, 12260 Villeneuve in the Aveyron, southern France.
Non-kora playing partners are welcome, subject to enough rooms/beds:
- a week’s tuition – individual and group sessions. Morning only teaching from 10am until 1.30pm
- shared accommodation in the main house (private accommodation is available for a supplement – please ask about availability. Per room – twin room 120€ or 60€ each, double room is 120€, mobile home is 220€ and gite is 320€. The gite has a kitchen, fireplace, bathroom, a double bed mezzanine and a double sofa bed) Note: these prices will be pro rata for the second workshop.
- loan of a kora – if needed
- buffet breakfast and a delicious homemade lunch everyday, plus the first evening dinner.
- transfer from Villefranche de Rouergue train station.
The first evening meal on Saturday (or the Monday for the second week) is included; after that is an optional extra, with dessert, cheese and wine at 12€ per night.
If you want to find out more about our week long workshops, read Group Workshops.